Friday, March 7, 2008

Sick Day!

I came home sick from school today and finally found time to blog. Here are a few pictures from tour. I will be adding more later. White sands sure was a beautiful place.
I present at the writer's symposium in two weeks. I have met with my adviser to begin work on my presentation. School is busy and I am hard at work. I have several big papers coming up and several more small ones.
Last weekend I got to attend the UDEO (Utah Dance Education Organization) conference at the University of Utah's campus in Salt Lake.
The key not speaker was Liz Lerman a nationally recognized Choreographer out of Washington D.C. At the lunch provided during the conference I sat two seat away from Liz and got to meet her. She remembered my name for the rest of the day (which I'm told is a good thing) and when I said goodbye to her at the conclusion of the conference she told me that she hopes to see me this summer at her workshop in DC!
I'm already working on another grant proposal to pay for me to go to the summer intensive. Liz currently runs her own school and company called Dance Exchange (www.danceexchange.org). Seeing as this is what I hope to do eventually I would really love to go to this intensive. Everyone keep you fingers crossed that I can get another grant!!! The conference is in July and I'll know about the grant in May!!!
I also met Shirley Ririe and Joan Woodbury the creators of RirieWoodbury dance company in Salt Lake. They are a nationally recognized professional modern dance company. I had the opportunity to do some great networking at the conference. It was great!!!
Well that's about all I've been up to.
I have found out that being twenty four is making me feel like I need to get started on that whole marriage thing. Maybe now that I have some new initiative I might find someone I'm really interested in!!!
Bye All. Hope your are all doing great!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Those pictures at White Sand are really cool. Good job with the photos...it is about time!!!``

cari said...

Well I am so glad that you made good use of your sick day and got some blogging done. I am so impressed with all these accomplishments that you have made Aaron and I am sure that with everything that achieve it'll get you closer and closer to finding your future wife! You are a total catch and don't you forget it.