Saturday, April 3, 2010

Aaron's Brag!

I was in the Daily Universe, BYU's News Paper!

I don't recall ever having that honor.

The Article was written about our show this last weekend. And in it they wrote:

"One of the dances in the show, called "All in a Day," choreographed by Aaron Shaw, was chosen out of 40 dances shown at the American College Dance Festival to be in a Gala performance.

ACDF has many dance performances from colleges throughout the region, as well as professional dance shows and workshops.

Aaron's piece was chosen out of those 40 pieces to be the opener, actually, of the concert, which is really a prestigous place to be."


So that was fun to be in the news paper. Also here are some pictures of my piece. They are from dress rehearsal and one of the dancers was actually sitting out so he could rest his ankle which he injured (not in my dance). The dancers in my piece did such a wonderful job and I received lots of positive feedback after the show!!! People were telling me that mine was their favorite...I generally don't believe anything people say to me but in this case they could have just said that it was nice...maybe they meant it!

This was my last performance with The Dancers' Company. =(
I'm going to miss BYU and I can honestly say that I am frightened for what the future holds. I hope it is excited whatever it is!!! China, Prague, California...HERE I COME!

















5 comments:

cari said...

Yay Aaron. You really are becoming the "accomplished" one of the family!!! You are so awesome and I am very proud of you!

Unknown said...

you didn't tell us about this!!!

How cool. I'd like to see a copy
of the paper. Save one.

LOve ya xoxoxo mom

Daphne said...

Congrats Aaron! Thanks for sharing the photos. That's quite amazing and not embarrassing like my cousin's front page picture. He was a diver with BYU and the image was a huge picture of him in his speedo. He wasn't happy about that.

Bret and Cami said...

Aaron, Those are great pictures of your piece. I know I told you I loved it, but I need to tell you again to confirm that its true. What an impressive, complex, creative, and fun piece of choreography. I'm so proud to call you my friend.

Shantal said...

Hey!
I just happened across your blog and I'm so happy I've found it!
I've never seen these pictures. In face I had to stare at the 5th one down for a while - that's me, right?

I think I'll go facebook you to catch up.