Monday, April 13, 2009

Awards, Awards and more Awards!!!

So I need to change the name of my blog to Aaron's Brag.

Yes I'm about to brag so stop reading now if you don't want to hear it. This year I received three awards that I would like to announce.

The first two were from the BYU Department of Dance, Contemporary Dance Division.
1st-Outstanding Male Performer Award- I just think it sounds cool!
2nd- Algie Balliff Scholorship Award- a $500.00 Scholarship for books and whatever else!

The grand prize award is from the BYU Department of Dance.
The Phyllis C. Jacobson Dance Award- this is a benefactor award for full tuition for all next year!

The best part about it is that I get tuition plus the five hundred dollar scholarship!!! Yeah Baby!

These are just a few fruits of my hard work at BYU. The tuition scholarship award was one of only two full tuition scholarships offered by the department each year.

So I hope everyone is doing well! I'm just busy with school, almost done with this year, one more to go! Yippy!!!
Also on April 27 I will leave with The Dancers' Company on a three week tour. We will go through Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois!!! Fun! I will try to get some pictures up soon!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron you are amazing! You never cease to impress me. Congratulations on all of those AWESOME awards--you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

PS: I'm very jealous you'll be going to Illinois! Do you know what part?

Holli said...

wow thats awsome im so proud of you Aaron Shaw! :)

Abby said...

WOW Aaron. That is great good job!!!!Oh and Congratulations and I hope you enjoy all your travels.....and I hope your travels bring you back to california this summer!!

Wells Family said...

That is awesome aaron!!! We are sooo proud of you. We you become famous, you have to promise to not forget about us.

Tomato and Tordle said...

that is so awesome! you are rocking the BYU dance world! I bet you never thought you'd end up a dancer when you were high school, did you? :) So when is your next in-town performance? I think it could be fun to come see you bust a move. call me. my number hasn't changed. or email, feacebook, what ever! we were out of town for the last performance you mentioned. keep me posted. and you are awesome! way to work it!

cari said...

Aaron, you are amazing and I love that you have accomplished so much. I also love that I got to see you yesterday, even though we couldn't get you in the car to come home with us! Love you and miss you!

Daphne said...

Aaron's brag indeed! But you totally deserve it. Way to go Aaron!

And just for your info., my word verification for this comment was "buteri"

Kim said...

Congratulations, Aaron! That's a very big deal, and we're very proud of you.